What if a company has deducted excess TDS and deposited with the Government?

Deductee can request their customer (Deductor) to revise/adjust the entry before such return has been filed so that the excess amount of TDS is corrected before payment/ return filing with government.


If the FY is closed, then the deductee can claim the excess TDS deducted from the government and will need to adjust their accounts receivables data after reconciliation.